Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
If you want only the best for your family, then you have got to give this recipe a try! This Spinach, Tomato & Garlic Penne Pasta will become your new favorite after one bite! Enjoy the combination of spinach, pasta, cheese, and a lot more on one plate!
1 small onion
2 garlic cloves
½ pound penne pasta
9 oz. fresh spinach
¼ c Parmesan cheese, grated
2 tablespoons tomato paste
½ teaspoon dried basil
A pinch of red pepper flakes
2 ounces cream cheese
fresh ground pepper, to taste
½ teaspoon salt
15 ounces diced tomatoes
½ teaspoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Place a large pot with water on the stove and turn the heat to high. Allow the water to boil.
2. Add the pasta and a bit of salt, then cook for a few minutes or until al dente or firm to bite. Drain and set aside.
3. Mince the garlic and slice the onion.
4. Put a large saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
5. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
6. Add the garlic and onions, then sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and translucent.
7. Add basil, tomato slices with their juice, freshly cracked pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Stir until well blended.
8. Add 1/2 cup of water and tomato paste, then stir and cook for a minute to remove the raw taste of the paste.
9. Turn the heat down to medium-low, then add cream cheese. Stir until well blended.
10. Add Parmesan cheese, then stir until well blended.
11. Add the fresh spinach, then stir and cook until wilted.
12. Add the cooked pasta, then toss until well coated by the delicious sauce. Add more salt and pepper if necessary. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!