Serves: 6 | Prep: 10 mins | Cook: 30mins
Cabbage and sausage are a great match and never more so than in this Steamed Cabbage With Smoked Sausage & Red Potatoes steamed together. This recipe highlights all the wonderful ingredients of these two, without adding anything more to the sauce. In its simplest, most tasty form, it is cabbage and sausage with red potatoes. As a bonus, it’s easy to throw this skillet meal together without much notice making it great for a busy weekend dinner.
My family loves to serve this whenever possible. The combination of smoky sausage, cabbage, and some red potatoes is divine. When it comes to a great choice for the main course meal, cabbage sometimes gets ignored. It’s cheap and filling, a powerful mix. The number of servings can vary depending on the appetites of those you’re serving when serving this braised cabbage. It proves that food doesn’t have to be lavish or costly to please everyone who wants delicious foods. I ‘d put this dish in the honest eating category that satisfies the soul. It is a recipe that you shouldn’t miss, and I can guarantee you that everything you do will be worth it. Try this recipe for Steamed Cabbage With Smoked Sausage & Red Potatoes, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
2 tbsp butter
(1) large onion, chopped
1/2 cup water
(1) large head cabbage, cut into wedges
(4-6) red potatoes, cut into cubes
1 lb smoked sausage, sliced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1. In a dutch oven, add and melt butter. Then, stir in onions and saute until soft.
2. Add and pour in half a cup of water into the pot when the onions are soft.
3. Add and stir in the sausage slices and potato cubes. Then, combine the cabbage wedges.
4. Add and sprinkle some salt and pepper to taste.
5. Steam, covered, until tender for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
6. You can add in 1/2 cup of water to keep it from burning.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!