Prep: 35 mins | Cook: 10mins | Total: 45 mins | Serving: 12 | Yield: 1 9×13 inch baking dish
Strawberry Pretzel Salad is a hit at parties, always. It is crazily good. It is made irresistible by the mix of sweet, salty, and tart. Adults and kids love this layered dessert with a strawberry pretzel. We all know that Jello recipes are the perfect potluck dessert because they hold well and are simple to make, which is why during the holidays, this Strawberry Pretzel salad is so popular.
I loved the layers in this dessert, particularly. The crunchy saltiness of the pretzel crust covered with a smooth and tangy center of the cream cheese and beautifully finished with a fresh, soft strawberry jello layer on top. It was the latest favorite of everyone, and it did not last long at all. I’m so pleased that I finally tried this recipe as it’s a keeper. It is the ideal dessert to fulfill your salty-sweet cravings and to take advantage of the strawberries in season. Try this recipe for Strawberry Pretzel Salad, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
2 cups crushed pretzels
¾ cup butter, melted
3 tbsp white sugar
1 (8 oz) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup white sugar
(1) (8 oz) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
2 (3 oz) packages strawberry flavored Jell-O®
2 cups boiling water
2 (10 oz) packages frozen strawberries
1. Start by preheating the oven at about 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
2. Stir crushed pretzels, melted butter, and 3 tbsp sugar; mix well and press mixture into the bottom of a 9×13 inch baking dish.
3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes until set. Set aside to cool.
4. Cream the cream cheese and a cup of sugar in a large mixing bowl. Fold in whipped topping. Spread mixture onto cooled crust.
5. Dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add and stir in still frozen strawberries and allow to set briefly. When the mixture is about the consistency of egg whites, pour and spread over the cream cheese layer. Refrigerate until set.
Per Serving: 423.5 calories; 51 mg cholesterol; 441.7 mg sodium; 4.5 g protein; 52.1 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!