Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I love this recipe so much! Oh, man, you are so in for a treat! You can serve these stuffed eggplants pretty much any time of the day! Have a beautiful day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
½ c plain, low-fat Greek yoghurt
2 tbsp tahini paste
6 cloves garlic
1 tbsp lemon juice
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or your desired amount)
3 tbsp water
1 tsp paprika
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tsp ground cumin
½ tsp ground cinnamon
2 eggplants, cut in half length-wise and centre scooped out leaving about 1” border all around
Olive oil (about 4 tbsp, divided use)
1 small onion, finely diced
½ pound lean ground beef (or turkey, chicken, lamb, or sausage)
4 cloves garlic, pressed through a garlic press
Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
1 ½ c cooked basmati rice (you can get this from ½ c uncooked rice cooked with ¾ c water)
½ c chopped cherry tomatoes
1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves, plus a couple of extra leaves for garnish
1 tbsp roughly chopped pistachios (optional)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper a baking sheet.
3. In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the garlic tahini sauce. Pulse until well combined.
4. Transfer the sauce into a baking dish.
5. In a mixing bowl, add coriander, paprika, cinnamon, and cumin. Stir until well mixed.
6. Slice the eggplants into two.
7. Arrange the sliced eggplants onto the prepared baking sheet, then drizzle 3 tbsp of olive oil over.
8. Season with mixed ingredients, salt, and pepper to taste.
9. Place it inside the preheated oven and roast for about 35 minutes or until tender.
10. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
11. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
12. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
13. Add the ground beef and cook until crumbly and brown.
14. Sprinkle the rest of the seasonings, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
15. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, then sauté until aromatic.
16. Add the cherry tomatoes, cooked rice, mint, and chopped parsley. Stir until well mixed.
17. Add the pistachios and stir until well mixed.
18. Stuff each eggplant with the mixture.
19. Drizzle the tahini sauce on top and sprinkle more parsley on top.
20. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!