Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 55 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Talk about a complete meal! This Stuffed Eggplant will surely satisfy not just your hungry stomach but also your soul! This is a must-try recipe, I’m telling you! Feel free to tweak it a bit according to your preference. Enjoy!
½ lb. lean ground beef (or turkey, chicken, lamb, or sausage)
1 tsp ground coriander
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 small onion, finely diced
2 tbsp tahini paste
6 cloves garlic
1 tsp ground cumin
½ c plain, low-fat Greek yoghurt
2 eggplants, cut in half lengthwise and center scooped out, leaving about a 1-inch border all around
1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
½ tsp salt
¼ tsp cayenne pepper (or your desired amount)
3 tbsp water
1 tsp paprika
½ tsp ground cinnamon
4 cloves of garlic, pressed through a garlic press
Olive oil (about 4 tbsp, divided use)
cooked with ¾ c water)
½ c chopped cherry tomatoes
Pinch red pepper flakes (optional)
1 ½ c cooked basmati rice (you can get this from ½ c uncooked rice
1 tsp chopped fresh mint leaves, plus a couple of extra leaves for garnish
1 tbsp roughly chopped pistachios (optional)
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 200 degrees C or 400 degrees F.
2. Line with parchment paper onto a baking sheet.
3. In a food processor, add all the ingredients for the garlic tahini sauce. Pulse until the texture becomes smooth.
4. Transfer the sauce to a baking dish and spread it evenly.
5. In a bowl, add paprika, coriander, cumin, and cinnamon. Whisk until well blended.
6. Slice the eggplants into two pieces.
7. Lay the sliced eggplants onto the prepared baking sheet and arrange them in a single layer. Drizzle 3 tbsp of olive oil over the eggplant slices.
8. Sprinkle mixed ingredients, salt, and pepper over the eggplant slices to season.
9. Place it in the preheated oven and roast for about 35 minutes or until done.
10. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
11. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
12. Add the onion and sauté until translucent.
13. Add the ground beef, then cook until crumbly and brown.
14. Season with the rest of the seasonings, salt, and pepper. Stir until well blended.
15. Add the garlic and red pepper flakes, then sauté until aromatic.
16. Add the mint, cherry tomatoes, cooked rice, and chopped parsley. Stir until well blended.
17. Add the pistachios and stir until well combined.
18. Stuff each eggplant with the mixture.
19. Drizzle the tahini sauce on top and sprinkle more parsley on top to garnish.
20. Serve right away and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!