Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 4 to 6 Servings
This recipe is a must-try! I’m telling you, this will be the best decision you will make today! My only advice to you is to be very generous with the amount of cheese that you are going to add. Just do it and thank me later! Have a wonderful day, friends. Enjoy!
2-3 pound coarse ground chuck
2 tablespoons cooking oil
1 medium white onion
2-3 medium jalapeno or serrano peppers
1/3 bunch fresh cilantro
1 tablespoon chilli powder
1 tablespoon smoked paprika
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
12+ homemade corn or flour tortillas (links in comments or can use store-bought)
1 cup grated Monterey jack cheese
1 cup grated Mexican blend cheese
2-3 cups **enchilada sauce RED HOT ENCHILADA SAUCE
1. Prepare and cook the red hot enchilada sauce. Set aside to cool.
2. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
3. Slice the peeled onion into four.
4. Slice the bell peppers into two, then discard the seeds and stems.
5. Slice the cilantro, then discard the stems.
6. Place them all in the food processor and pulse until well processed.
7. In a mixing bowl, add the cheeses and stir until well mixed.
8. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
9. Add oil and allow it to become hot,
10. Add the ground chuck, salt, pepper, chilli powder, and paprika. Stir and cook until done.
11. Add the processed veggies and cook for another 2 minutes or until aromatic.
12. Remove the skillet from the heat.
13. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking dish.
14. Wrap 6 tortillas with paper towels, then place them inside the microwave. Heat for about 20 seconds. Repeat the process to the rest.
15. Spoon the meat mixture over each tortilla, then sprinkle cheese over. Roll and arrange them onto a baking dish.
16. Spread the enchilada sauce on top of the enchiladas.
17. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top.
18. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely.
19. Serve hot with refried beans, salsa, rice, or charro. Enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!