Do you love the smell of fresh muffins wafting from the oven? We have a foolproof recipe for super fluffy homemade muffins that are perfect for breakfast, dessert, or as snack any time of the day. But remember, the key to perfect muffins is not to overbeat the batter!
– 1 1/3 cups (185 grams/6.5 ounces) all-purpose flour
– 1 teaspoon baking powder
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 1/2 cup (1 stick/115 gram) butter, melted
– 1 cup (200 grams/7 ounces) granulated sugar
– 2 large eggs, room temperature
– 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
– 1/2 cup (120 ml) whole milk
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (180°C) and line your muffin tin with cupcake liners.
2. In a medium bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set this dry mix aside for later.
3. Take a separate bowl and whisk together the melted butter and sugar until they’re well combined. This mixture should become light and fluffy.
4. Beat in the eggs one at a time, ensuring each egg is thoroughly mixed before adding the next.
5. Now, it’s time to add your flavor. Whisk in the vanilla extract.
6. Next, gradually combine the dry ingredients with the wet mixture. Start by adding half of the dry mix, followed by the milk, and finally the rest of the dry mix. Remember, the key here is to mix until just combined to keep the muffins fluffy.
7. If you want to add any extras, such as blueberries or chocolate chips, now’s the time to fold them gently into the batter.
8. Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each about 3/4 full.
9. Bake for about 15-20 minutes. You’ll know your muffins are done when they have risen nicely and turned golden. A sharp knife or toothpick inserted into the center should come out clean.
10. Allow the muffins to cool in the tin for about 10 minutes, then transfer them to a wire rack to cool completely.
For a twist, try adding 1 teaspoon of finely grated lemon zest and 1 1/2 cups of blueberries to the batter for blueberry muffins. Sprinkle the tops with a mix of 2 tablespoons of sugar and 1/4 teaspoon of ground cinnamon before baking.
Or, for chocolate chip muffins, add 2 teaspoons of vanilla extract and fold in 1 cup of your favorite chocolate chips. Sprinkle the tops with 2 tablespoons of sugar before baking.
These muffins are best enjoyed fresh, but they can be stored in an airtight container for a day or two. Enjoy baking these delightful treats!