Prep: 8 mins | Cook: 35mins | Total: 43 mins | Yield: 8 servings
Proudly, these Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers (Keto Stuffed Peppers) reflect the low-carb diet in all its glory. They’re tasty, nutritious, and sure can please everybody. This healthier alternative to tacos eliminates all the tortillas together and helps you to enjoy a taco filled with flavor without all the carbohydrates or guilt. Sometimes, I eat this as a dinner, but there are times that I’ll be snacking is for most of the time. Try this recipe for Taco Stuffed Bell Peppers (Keto Stuffed Peppers), and enjoy it with your loved ones.
(4) medium green peppers halved
1.5 lb ground beef, browned
(1) a packet of taco seasoning mix, or seeking good eats homemade taco seasoning recipe
1-1/2 cup cheddar cheese
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup salsa
1. Preheat oven 350° F. Wash peppers, then slice lengthwise in half through the middle and remove seeds. Place in a casserole dish with 1/4 cups of water. Cover and microwave 7 to 10 minutes, or until peppers are soft. Check periodically for doneness.
2. In the meantime, cook and brown ground beef until thoroughly cooked. Then add taco seasoning and water, cook as instructed. After you cook the meat, mix in sour cream, salsa, and a cup of the cheddar cheese.
3. Then spray a 13 x 9 baking dish with nonstick spray. Place cooked peppers inside the dish and stuff generously with meat and cheese mixture, add the remaining cheese on top. Bake it for 20-30 minutes until peppers are heated through, and cheese melts. Serve with your favorite taco ingredients and a side of salsa. Enjoy!
1. After 5 or 6 minutes, start testing the doneness of your peppers. The cooking times may vary with varying sizes of peppers and microwave wattage. Peppers should be tender but slightly “shriveled.” It’s all right because you’re going to stuff them with cooked ingredients, and this will reduce cooking time for the oven.
Per Serving: CALORIES: 219; SODIUM: 316mg; CARBOHYDRATES: 7.6g; NET CARBOHYDRATES: 5.9g; FIBER: 1.7g; SUGAR: 2g; PROTEIN: 12g; TOTAL FAT: 15.5g; CHOLESTEROL: 39mg.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!