Introducing a delightful twist to your regular burgers – the Salmon Burger with a Basil-Pesto Cream Sauce! Ready in a swift 20 minutes, these burgers are the epitome of convenience, flavor, and culinary innovation. Made with the versatile canned salmon, you can now whip up gourmet burgers anytime you fancy. The luscious pesto cream on toasted brioche buns is the cherry on top! Let’s embark on this culinary journey.
- Canned Salmon: 3 cans (6 oz. each), drained
- Panko Breadcrumbs: 1/2 cup
- Egg: 1 large
- Fresh Lemon Juice: 2 tbsp
- Dried Basil: 1 1/2 tsp
- Kosher Salt: 1/2 tsp
- Ground Black Pepper: 1/2 tsp
- Mayonnaise: 6 tbsp
- Olive Oil: 1 tbsp
- Refrigerated Basil Pesto (Brands like Gotham Greens or Rana are great): 3 tbsp
- Brioche Buns (toasted): 4
- Beefsteak Tomato (medium-sized): 1, sliced into 4 pieces
- Fresh Baby Arugula: 1 cup
- Preparation: In a medium-sized mixing bowl, gently flake the salmon using a fork. To this, add panko, egg, lemon juice, dried basil, salt, pepper, and 2 tablespoons of mayonnaise. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are well combined.
- Forming Patties: Shape this salmon mixture into four evenly sized patties, each about 3 inches in diameter.
- Searing the Patties: In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat. Once hot, place the patties in the skillet. Cook until they attain a golden-brown hue, which should take about 3 minutes on each side. Once done, transfer the patties to a plate lined with a paper towel.
- Preparing the Pesto Cream: As the patties are cooking, combine the pesto and the remaining mayonnaise in a separate bowl to create a smooth and creamy sauce.
- Assembling the Burger: Begin by generously spreading the pesto cream sauce on both the top and bottom of the toasted brioche buns. Place a seared salmon patty on the bottom half of each bun. Layer with a slice of tomato and a handful of baby arugula. Crown your burger with the top half of the bun. And there you have it, your delicious Salmon Burger is ready to be savored!
- For a sustainable choice, look for logos such as MSC, ASC, or BAP when purchasing your canned salmon.
- If your patties seem a bit crumbly, you can add a tad more mayonnaise or another egg to the mix for added moisture.
A burger that’s both nutritious and delicious, this Salmon Burger with Basil-Pesto Cream Sauce is sure to be a hit among your friends and family. Enjoy it with a side of crispy fries or a fresh salad. Don’t forget to share this recipe and spread the love!