There’s nothing quite like the warm embrace of a classic comfort dish. Tater Tot Casserole brings together the best of both worlds – crunchy tater tots and a creamy, savory filling. This casserole, a favorite in many households, is perfect for those chilly evenings when you need something hearty and delicious. Whether you’re a newbie to the kitchen or a seasoned chef, this dish is sure to impress. Let’s dive into how to make this delightful treat!
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey, browned, seasoned & drained
- 2-3 cups of canned (drained) or frozen vegetable of choice: green beans, corn, peas, or mixed vegetables (optional)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (10.5 oz)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (10.5 oz)
- 8-12 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- Milk (quantity as needed to mix with the soups)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Evenly spread the browned meat into a greased 13×9-inch casserole dish.
- If you’re using vegetables, layer them over the meat.
- In a separate bowl, combine the cream of chicken and cream of mushroom soups. Add a bit of milk to achieve a smoother consistency.
- Place a layer of tater tots over the vegetables or meat.
- Pour the soup mixture evenly over the tater tots.
- Bake the casserole in the preheated oven for 60 minutes.
- Once baked, sprinkle the shredded cheddar cheese over the top. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
This Tater Tot Casserole is a versatile dish. Feel free to experiment with different vegetables or even add some spices if you like a little kick. It’s excellent served with a side salad or some crusty bread. Remember, the best dishes are those made with love, so enjoy the process and share this recipe with friends and family.
And speaking of sharing, if you loved this recipe, don’t forget to share it with your friends and leave us a comment with your experience!