Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 35 mins | Total Time: 45 mins
This recipe is one of my favourites! From the ingredients to the steps, everything is just too perfect! Feel free to tweak it a bit to your liking. What I love the most about this is that you can serve it pretty much any time of the year! Try it now and prepare to fall in love. Enjoy!
3 c leftover turkey or chicken cut into cubes
2 cups mixed veggies… whatever you want… I used peas, corn, and green beans
1/3 c butter
1/3 c flour
1 small onion, chopped
salt & pepper to taste
1/8 tsp dried thyme
1 1/2 c chicken broth
3/4 c milk
2 c unbleached or white ap flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 c vegetable shortening… I used Earth Balance a non-GMO organic canola/soy mix shortening but any kind will do
1 large egg
2 tbsp ice-cold water
1. Melt butter into a large pan.
2. Add the flour. Whisk and cook until the texture becomes thick.
3. Add the onion, thyme, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until soft.
4. Remove the pan from the heat, then add the broth and milk. Stir until well blended.
5. Put the pan back to heat, then bring the mixture to a boil. Make sure to stir from time to time.
6. Add the turkey and vegetables. Stir until well combined, then remove the pan from the stove.
7. Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
8. Unroll a pie crust into a 9-inch pan.
9. Add the mixture and spread it evenly.
10. Unroll the second crust over the mixture. Seal the sides.
11. Use a fork to poke small holes over the crust.
12. Bake inside the preheated oven for about 40 minutes or until done.
13. Remove the pie from the oven and let it cool completely.
14. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!