Prep Time: 30 mins | Cook Time: 20 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 12 Servings
Give this recipe a try and I am sure that you and your loved ones are going to love it! Feel free to add more ingredients if you wish. This pie is best served pretty much any time of the day! Have a great day, friends. Enjoy!
For the pastry
1 c very cold butter cut into small cubes
2 ½ c flour
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 c to 1/3 ice water, only enough to make a dough form.
For the coconut cream filling
3 c whole milk
1/3 c flour
2/3 c sugar
pinch of salt
1 c unsweetened fine coconut
3 slightly beaten extra-large egg yolks
4 tablespoons butter
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
For the vanilla whipped cream
1 c whipping cream
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons icing sugar, powdered sugar
1. Add butter and flour into a food processor and pulse until well mixed.
2. Transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl, then add water. Use your hands to mix until it resembles a dough.
3. Cut the dough into two and wrap each in plastic. Place them inside the fridge to rest for about 20 minutes.
4. Unroll the dough and place them into a 10-inch pie plate.
5. Poke small holes over each dough, then put it back inside the fridge to rest for another 20 minutes.
6. Place it inside the oven and bake for 15 minutes at 200 degrees C.
7. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool.
To Make the Coconut Filling:
1. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add the sugar, salt, flour. Whisk until well mixed.
3. Add milk gradually and whisk until well blended and thick.
4. Remove the pan from the heat.
5. Add 1/2 cup of the milk mixture into the egg mixture, then whisk until well blended. Put it back into the pan.
6. Turn the heat to medium and cook for another 2 minutes.
7. Add vanilla, almond extract, and butter. Stir until well mixed.
8. Remove and let cool completely.
9. In a mixing bowl, add icing sugar, whipping cream, and vanilla extract. Whisk until well mixed.
10. Add the mixture over the coconut filling and spread it evenly.
11. Sprinkle toasted coconut on top.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Calories 614 | Total Fat 37g | Saturated Fat 22g | Trans Fat 1g | Unsaturated Fat 12g | Cholesterol 141mg | Sodium 410mg | Carbohydrates 63g | Fiber 2g | Sugar 29g | Protein 8g
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!