Indulge in the rich, velvety flavors of this exquisite chocolate mousse. Hailing from gourmet kitchens, this dessert promises a luxurious experience for your palate. Crafted with simple ingredients, this mousse is not just a dessert; it’s an experience, an emotion. If you’re a chocolate enthusiast, you’re in for a treat that’s sure to become a staple in your dessert repertoire. Let’s embark on this chocolaty journey!
- 1 Litre (4 cups + 1 tbsp) Whole Milk
- 400 ml (2 cups + 1 tbsp) Heavy Cream
- 50 gr (7 tbsp) Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 60 gr (6 tbsp) Cornstarch
- 100 gr (1/2 cup) Sugar (Adjust to taste)
- 280 gr Chocolate (60-70% cocoa, approximately 10 ounces)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 5 gr Gelatin Sheets (or 1/2 tbsp gelatin powder, bloomed in 2-3 tbsp water) *Note: Gelatin is optional.
- Setting Up: Begin by measuring out parchment paper according to the size of your mold. Line all four sides and then take two additional sheets to line both the bottom and the sides once more.
- Preparing the Base: In a saucepan, combine most of the milk (reserve about half a cup), heavy cream, and sugar. Place this on low heat.
- Creating the Slurry: In a separate bowl, mix the cocoa powder, cornstarch, and the reserved half cup of milk. This will form a smooth slurry which ensures a silky texture in the mousse.
- Adding the Slurry: Pour the cocoa-cornstarch slurry into the saucepan with the milk mixture. Turn up the flame to medium and allow it to come to a gentle boil.
- Introducing Gelatin: If you’re using gelatin sheets or powder, add them once the mixture starts to heat. Stir well to ensure they’re fully incorporated.
- Chocolate Time: As soon as you notice the first bubble, switch off the heat. Immediately stir in your chosen high-quality chocolate. This not only imparts a rich flavor but also provides structure to the mousse.
- Molding the Mousse: Pour the mixture into your parchment-lined mold. Let it cool completely at room temperature. Once cooled, transfer it to the fridge and let it set overnight.
- Serving: The next day, place a tray or plate on top of the mold and invert it. Carefully peel off the parchment paper, dust with some cocoa powder, and slice to serve.
This mousse pairs beautifully with fresh berries, a dollop of whipped cream, or even a drizzle of caramel sauce. Let your imagination run wild!
- The quality of the chocolate plays a pivotal role in the outcome of this mousse. Always opt for the best.
- Gelatin is optional, but if you choose to skip it, handle the mousse with extra care while molding.
- Perfect for special occasions or when you simply want to pamper yourself.
Indulging in this chocolate mousse is akin to wrapping yourself in a luxurious chocolate blanket. Dive in, enjoy, and don’t forget to share this delightful recipe with fellow chocolate aficionados. Happy indulging!