Total Time: 30 mins | Yield: 3 to 4 Servings
The best French Bread you will ever have is less than an hour away from achieving! This spectacular recipe is what you just might need today! Try it now and taste perfection in the comfort of your home. Enjoy!
1 large loaf French or Italian bread about 18 inches long and 4 inches wide, split half lengthwise and crosswise
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1 (14.5 oz. or 400g) can crushed tomatoes
Pinch red pepper flakes
1/4 c (15g) minced fresh parsley or basil leaves, or a mix
8 oz. (225g) freshly grated whole milk mozzarella cheese
4 tbsp (60ml) extra-virgin olive oil, divided
2 oz. (60g) grated Parmigiano-Reggiano
4 cloves garlic, finely minced
3 tbsp (45g) unsalted butter
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 220 degrees C or 425 degrees F.
2. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium-low.
3. Add 3 tbsp of butter and allow it to melt.
4. Add olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the garlic, oregano, and pepper flakes. Sauté until aromatic. Season with salt and 1/2 of the parsley.
6. Lay the bread onto a flat surface. Press to compress each bread.
7. Brush each bread with the butter mixture.
8. In the same pan with the rest of the butter mixture, add the tomatoes and stir until well blended.
9. Turn the heat to medium and simmer for 15 minutes or until it reduces its volume. Add salt to season.
10. Add 1/4 of mozzarella on top of the bread and spread it evenly.
11. Place it inside the oven and cook for 8 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely. Remove from the oven.
12. Add the sauce over the bread and spread it evenly.
13. Add the rest of the mozzarella cheese on top and spread it evenly.
14. Place the bread inside the oven and bake for 10 minutes or until brown.
15. Remove from the oven and sprinkle Parmigiano-Reggiano and parsley on top.
16. Drizzle a bit of olive oil.
17. Serve and enjoy!
779 CALORIES 44g | FAT 69g | CARBS 29g | PROTEIN
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!