Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
These heavenly treats never fail to make me smile all the time! This is a must-try recipe that I am sure you and your loved ones are going to love! Feel free to add more ingredients to this very simple recipe if you wish. Have a spectacular day, everyone, and I hope you are all well today. Enjoy!
1 teaspoon olive oil
1/3 green bell pepper, minced
1/2 large yellow onion, minced
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/3 c water
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2/3 c ketchup
3/4 teaspoon chili powder
1 lb. ground beef
1 tablespoon brown sugar (or less, if you prefer)
1 tablespoon butter
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
dash of hot sauce (optional)
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
2. Add the beef, then cook until crumbly and brown. Move into a colander and drain excess grease.
3. In the empty skillet, add bell pepper and onion. Sauté until soft.
4. Add the garlic and sauté until aromatic.
5. Add the tomato paste, then cook for about a minute. Stir until well blended.
6. Put the browned beef back into the skillet, then stir until well blended.
7. Add water, mustard, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, red pepper flakes, chili powder, salt, brown sugar, and pepper, Stir until well blended.
8. Cover the skillet and cook everything for about 10 minutes or until the texture of the sauce becomes thick. Remove the skillet from the stove.
9. Serve right away over toasted buns. Enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 4 months in the freezer. Just make sure to place them in an airtight container.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!