Prep Time: 5 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 6 Servings
These Sloppy Joes will surely make your day extra special! I got this recipe from the internet a week ago. I am so glad that I gave this recipe a try because I never would have tasted perfection! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Enjoy!
1 tablespoon butter
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 pound ground beef
1/3 green bell pepper, minced
1/2 large yellow onion, minced
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon tomato paste
2/3 c ketchup
1/3 c water
1 tablespoon brown sugar (or less, if you prefer)
1 teaspoon yellow mustard
3/4 teaspoon chilli powder
1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
dash of hot sauce (optional)
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and butter, then allow them to become hot.
3. Add the ground beef and cook until brown.
4. Remove the brown beef from the skillet into a colander to drain any excess oil.
5. In the same skillet, add the bell pepper and onion, then saute until soft.
6. Add the garlic and saute until aromatic.
7. Put the beef back to the skillet and stir until well mixed.
8. Add the tomato paste and stir until well mixed.
9. Add water, ketchup, mustard, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, chilli powder, red pepper flakes, salt, and pepper. Stir until well mixed.
10. Cook for about 15 minutes or until the texture becomes thick.
11. Remove from the skillet and serve immediately over buns. Make sure to toast the buns first.
12. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!