Prep Time: 1 hr | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 40 mins
The best cake you will ever have is less than 2 hours from achieving! Try this recipe now and prepare to fall in love! With this very simple set of ingredients, you will surely have the treat to remember! Feel free to modify this recipe to your liking. Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
2 cups flour
2 cups sugar
2 teaspoons baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/3 cup cocoa
1 cup buttermilk ( or 1 tbsp vinegar to 1 cup milk, let sit for an hour)
1 cup vegetable oil
1 cup boiling water
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
2 tablespoons light corn syrup
1/4 cup milk
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 package chocolate chips (6 oz.)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/3 cup chopped nuts, optional
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray in a 9×13-inch baking pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, add flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt, and sugar. Whisk until well combined.
4. Add oil, boiling water, buttermilk, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
5. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
6. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
7. Place a saucepan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
8. Add milk, butter, corn syrup, and sugar. Stir until well mixed, then allow the mixture to boil for at least 2 minutes.
9. Add the nuts, chocolate chips, and vanilla. Stir until well blended. Make sure that the chocolate chips are melted completely.
10. Sprinkle the miniature marshmallows on top of the cake.
11. Drizzle the icing on top of the marshmallows.
12. Allow the cake to rest for a few minutes at room temperature.
13. Serve and enjoy!
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!