Prep: 35 mins | Cook: 10mins | Additional: 4 hrs 15 mins | Total: 5 hrs | Serving: 12 | Yield: 1 7×11-inch dish
The word Tiramisu (tiramisu in Italian) means cheer me up or pull me up, which is very appropriate because one bite would put you in a good mood! An authentic Tiramisu dessert with (2) main layers: sponge cake ladyfingers covered in coffee and liqueur, and the cream layer of mascarpone.
Tiramisu is a traditional Italian no-bake dessert pairing espresso-dipped ladyfingers with a smooth, lightly mascarpone cheese. This simple recipe is truly the best home-made tiramisu and receives rave reviews every time. We love Italian classic desserts such as Panna Cotta, Affogato, and of course, Tiramisu. Perhaps the most popular Italian treat for us is Classic Tiramisu, and this one does not disappoint. Try this recipe for The best Tiramisu Ever, and don’t forget to enjoy it with your loved ones.
(6) large egg yolks
¾ cup white sugar
⅔ cup milk
(1 ¼) cups heavy cream
½ tsp vanilla extract
(1) lb of mascarpone cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup strong brewed coffee, at room temperature
2 tbsp of rum
2 (3 oz) packages ladyfinger cookies
1 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1. In a medium saucepan, add and whisk egg yolks and sugar until well blended. Whisk in milk and cook over medium heat until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Let it boil gently for a minute, remove from heat and allow to cool slightly. Cover tightly and chill in the refrigerator for an hour.
2. Add and beat cream with vanilla until stiff peaks form in a medium bowl.
3. Whisk mascarpone into yolk mixture until smooth.
4. In a small bowl, add and combine coffee and rum. Split the ladyfingers in half lengthwise and drizzle with coffee mixture.
5. In a 7×11 inch dish, arrange half of the soaked ladyfingers at the bottom. Add and spread half of the mascarpone mixture over ladyfingers, then half of the whipped cream over that. Repeat layers and sprinkle with cocoa. Cover, refrigerate until set for 4 to 6 hours.
Per Serving: 387.2 calories; 215.7 mg cholesterol; 60 mg sodium; 6.6 g protein; 22.7 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!