Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 55 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: One 10-inch cake
Made from scratch! This luscious Lemon Pound Cake will surely make your day extra special! I like serving this with vanilla ice cream. My kids could not get enough of this delicious treat! I’m sure your kids will love it too! Totally made from scratch, this recipe is just too perfect! Try this recipe now and don’t forget to share it with your loved ones as well. Enjoy!
1 c unsalted butter, room temperature
5 large Eggs
½ c shortening, room temperature
3 c all-purpose flour
6 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon baking powder
1 lemon, ½ zested
1 c whole milk
3 c sugar
¾ teaspoon salt
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Brush with butter and sprinkle flour into a large Bundt pan.
3. In a mixing bowl, sift salt, baking powder, and flour.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer, add sugar, butter, and shortening. Beat until well blended.
5. Add the eggs gradually, and beat every addition until creamy.
6. Transfer flour mixture gradually as well into the batter, then beats every addition until well mixed. Add milk and beat until smooth.
7. Add the lemon zest and lemon juice. Stir until well blended.
8. Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread it evenly.
9. Place the pan in the preheated oven and bake the batter for 55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
10. Remove the cake from the oven and let it cool at room temperature completely.
11. Serve with vanilla ice cream and enjoy!
Do not overfill the pan.
You may need to bake twice if there is a leftover batter.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!