Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 15 mins | Total Time: 25 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
I fell in love with this dish right away! It was love at first bite. Oh, man, try this recipe and I am 100 per cent sure that you are going to love it as well. For me, the real winner in this is the gravy. Enjoy!
1 c vegetable oil
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1 1/2 c buttermilk
4 cube steaks (about 1/3 pound each)
2 tablespoons TABASCO® Sauce (original)
1 1/2 c all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoons kosher salt or sea salt, divided
2 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper, divided
Chicken Fried Steak Gravy
2 to 3 c of whole milk
1/2 c heavy whipping cream
salt and pepper to taste
4 tablespoons flour
4 tablespoons grease
For the Steaks:
1. Add paprika, garlic powder, baking powder, 1 tsp black pepper, baking soda, 1 tsp salt, and flour into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
2. In another bowl, add eggs, TABASCO® Sauce, and buttermilk. Whisk until well blended.
3. Use paper towels to pat dry the steaks. Sprinkle salt and pepper to season. Rub each well until well coated.
4. Add the steaks into the bowl with the flour mixture, then toss until well coated. Shake off any excess flour.
5. Add the coated steaks into the bowl with the buttermilk mixture, then toss them again until well coated.
6. Lay the prepared steaks onto a sheet pan and arrange them in a single layer. Let them rest for at least 10 minutes at room temperature.
7. Prepare the oven and preheat to 250 degrees F.
8. Place a heavy skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium-high.
9. Add 1/4-inch of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
10. Add the steaks in batches about two at a time, then fry each side for about 4 minutes or until they turn golden brown.
11. Transfer the steaks onto a clean plate lined with paper towels to drain excess oil. Repeat the process with the rest of the steaks.
For the Gravy:
1. Transfer the oil from the skillet into a heat-proof bowl and only leave 4 about 4 tbsp.
2. Add flour, then whisk and cook for about 3 minutes to remove the raw taste.
3. Add the milk and cream, then stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the skillet to get the browned bits.
4. Simmer the gravy for 5 minutes or until the texture becomes smooth. Sprinkle salt and pepper to taste.
5. Serve the steak with this gravy. Enjoy!
Calories: 956kcal | Carbohydrates: 53g | Protein: 51g | Fat: 58g | Saturated Fat: 28g | Cholesterol: 280mg | Sodium: 472mg | Potassium: 1017mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 10g | Vitamin A: 1025IU | Calcium: 346mg | Iron: 5.8mg
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!