Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 1 hr 20 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 35 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
I will never get tired of recommending this awesome recipe! I have listed all the ingredients and directions so all you have to do is to follow them step by step and you are good to go! Have a blessed day, friends. Enjoy!
4 Egg whites
1 c low-fat cottage cheese
1 tbsp olive oil
1 bunch asparagus, trimmed and cut into 1-inch pieces
½ white onion, chopped
2 tsp olive oil
1 lb peeled and deveined shrimp
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 (9 inches) unbaked deep-dish pie crust (such as Marie Callender’s®)
1 (8 oz) package shredded Monterey Jack cheese
3 green onions, chopped
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
2. Add eggs, egg whites, and cottage cheese into a blender, then pulse for about a minute until well blended.
3. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
4. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
5. Add the onion and asparagus, then saute until soft. Remove from the skillet.
6. In the same skillet, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and allow it to become hot.
7. Season with salt and pepper the shrimp, then add it into the hot skillet. Cook each side until pink. Remove from the skillet.
8. Fill a 9-inch pie plate with the crust.
9. Spread the shrimp on top of the prepared crust, then top it with the asparagus-onion mixture.
10. Spread the cottage mixture on top of the shrimp and veggies.
11. Sprinkle a generous amount of Monterey Jack cheese on top.
12. Sprinkle green onions on top of the cheese.
13. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about an hour or until done.
14. Remove from the oven and allow it to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
15. Serve warm and enjoy!
Calories: 354 | Protein: 25.5g 51% | Carbohydrates: 16.4g 5% | Dietary Fiber: 1.7g 7% | Sugars: 4g | Fat: 20.6g 32% | Saturated Fat: 8.7g 43% | Cholesterol: 158.9mg 53% | Vitamin A Iu: 908.9IU 18% | Niacin Equivalents: 7mg 54% | Vitamin B6: 0.2mg 11% | Vitamin C: 6mg 10% | Folate: 60.3mcg 15% | Calcium: 281.9mg 28% | Iron: 3.7mg 21% | Magnesium: 39.8mg 14% | Potassium: 312.4mg 9% | Sodium: 554.2mg 22% | Thiamin: 0.1mg 11% | Calories From Fat: 185.6
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!