Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 6hrs 10mins | Total: 6 hrs 25 mins | Servings: 6 | Yield: 6 servings
Welcome this Slow Cooker Swiss Steak and Onion as it truly grabs your attention. I am not used to eating steak, but this changes the game for me. It’s delicious with tender pieces of meat in a rich flavor-packed sauce. If you’re in search of a dish that will make you lose your mind, then look no further. It is sometimes referred to as smothered steak.
¾ cup all-purpose flour
2 tsp salt
2 tsp dry mustard
1 tsp black pepper
2 pounds cube steak
¼ cup of vegetable oil
(1) onion, sliced thin
(2) cloves garlic, minced
3 cups beef broth
2 tbsp tomato paste
2 (14.5 oz) cans diced tomatoes
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tsp ground paprika
2 tsp ground thyme
2 tsp dried oregano
1. Add and mix flour, salt, mustard, and pepper in a wide, shallow bowl.
2. Then dredge cube steaks in the flour mixture to coat completely.
3. Add and heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Then fry steaks until golden brown for 2 to 3 minutes per side, transfer to a slow cooker, reserving drippings in the skillet.
4. Cook and saute onion and garlic in the reserved drippings in the skillet until softened, 2 to 3 minutes more; add to the slow cooker. Discard the oil.
5. Add and stir beef broth and tomato paste until the paste dissolves into the broth in a bowl, add tomatoes, Worcestershire sauce, paprika, thyme, and oregano. Pour broth mixture over the steaks in the slow cooker.
6. Cook on low until the meat is tender to the point of falling apart for 6 to 8 hours.
In this recipe, the nutrition data contains the full volume of the flour mixture. The real amount of the consumed flour mixture can vary. The nutritional value of frying oil has been determined based on the 10% retention value after cooking. Depending on the time, temperature, ingredient density, and type of oil used, the exact quantity will change.
Per Serving: 357.7 calories; fat 17.9g 28% DV; cholesterol 36.3mg 12% DV; sodium 1524.1mg 61% DV; protein 23.5g 47% DV; carbohydrates 23.9g 8% DV.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!