Prep: 30 min | Cook: 50mins | Additional: 1 hr | Total: 2hrs 20 mina | Serving: 8 | Yield: 1- 9 inch deep dish pie
Upside-Down Apple Pecan Pie is an award-winning, self-glazing pie sure to please any crowd. If you like pecan pastry and apple pastries, you’ll want this recipe for apple pecan pie. The first time I had a taste of this recipe, I automatically considered it as my favorite pie. I was in love at first bite. Try this recipe for Upside-Down Apple Pecan Pie, and don’t forget to share and enjoy it with your family and friends.
1 cup Nuts, pecans
½ cup Sugars, brown
⅓ c of Margarine, regular, hard, corn (hydrogenated and regular)
(1) Pie crust, standard-type, prepared from recipe, unbaked
6 cups Granny Smith Apple-Raw+Peel (Australian)
¼ cup Sugars, granulated
2 tbsp Wheat flour, white, all-purpose, enriched, bleached
½ tsp Spices, cinnamon, ground
⅛ tsp Spices, nutmeg, ground
1. Start by preheating the oven at about 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
2. In a 9-inch deep-dish pie pan, add and combine pecans, brown sugar, and margarine, and then spread into a single layer. Roll out the dough, and place bottom crust over pecan mixture.
3. Add and combine apples, sugar, flour, cinnamon also nutmeg in a large bowl. Pour into crust in pan. Add the second crust on top. Fold edges of crust over, and flute to seal edges. Create several small slits in the top to allow steam to escape.
4. Add and place the pan on foil or cookie sheet during baking to guard against spillage. In the preheated oven, bake it for 40 to 50 minutes, or until crust is golden brown and apples are tender.
5. Let the pie cool for 5 minutes in the pan. Add and place a serving plate over pie, and flip to invert, being careful not to come in contact with molten sugar. Remove some of the nuts stick to the pan with a knife and place it on the pie. Allow cooling for an hour.
Per Serving: 522.5 calories; 0 mg cholesterol; 326.2 mg sodium; 4.7 g protein; 55.7 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!