Prep Time: 15 mins | Cook Time: 25 mins | Total Time: 40 mins | Yield: 4 Servings
Healthy food that will surely make your every meal extra special! This Vegan Bolognese is a full-packed meal ready in just 40 minutes. Try it now and prepare to be amazed. Enjoy!
1 tablespoon oil
2 medium (200 g) carrots, finely grated
1 teaspoon onion powder
3 c (750 g) crushed tomatoes or marinara sauce or tomato sauce
10 ounces fresh (280 g) mushrooms, finely diced (or 1 ounce dried)
1/3 c (80 ml) red wine or use more vegetable broth
1 medium onion, finely diced
1 medium (52 g) stalk celery, finely diced (1/2 c)
4 cloves garlic, finely minced or crushed
1 c (200 g) dry lentils I used brown, soaked
1 tablespoon soy sauce gluten-free if needed or tamari
2 teaspoons Italian seasoning or use 1 teaspoon each of dried oregano and basil
8 ounces (225 g) spaghetti gluten-free if needed or pasta of choice
1 teaspoon coconut sugar or sweetener of choice
2 c (480 ml) vegetable broth
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 bay leaf
1/2 c (120 ml) plant-based milk
Vegan Parmesan or nutritional yeast to garnish (optional)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
Salt and black pepper to taste
A pinch of red pepper flakes, or to taste
1. Place a pan on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the celery, mushroom, carrots, and onion. Saute for about 3 minutes or until soft.
4. Add the garlic, all spices, and sweetener. Saute until aromatic.
5. Add the vegetable broth, crushed tomatoes, red wine, lentils, and bay leaf. Stir until well blended. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pan to get the browned bits. Allow the mixture to boil.
6. Reduce the heat and simmer the mixture for about 20 minutes or until the lentils are soft.
7. Refer to the directions provided on the package of the pasta on how to cook it. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking process.
8. In a mixing bowl, add balsamic vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, and plant-based milk. Stir until well blended.
9. Add the mixture into the pan, then stir until well blended. Add more seasonings if needed. Make sure to taste first before adding anything.
10. Serve over pasta. Enjoy!
Leftovers can last up to 4 days in the fridge. Be sure to place them in an airtight container.
Calories 541 | Fat 6g 9% | Saturated Fat 1g 5% | Carbohydrates 92g 31% | Fiber 16g 64% | Sugars 17g 19% | Protein 27g 54%
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!