Prep Time: 20 mins | Cook Time: 45 mins | Total Time: 1 hr 5 mins | Yield: 10 to 12 Servings
Packed with veggies and cheese, this breakfast casserole is what I like to call perfection! The best hangover food ever. You should give this recipe a try. Enjoy!
⅓ c half & half or milk
2 bell peppers, diced
½ red onion, diced
20 oz. shredded potatoes, thawed
2 tbsp oil
1 c shredded cheese
2 c packed baby spinach, roughly chopped
2 tsp minced garlic
salt and pepper
8-10 mushrooms, sliced
¼ c hot sauce (more or less to taste)
1. Place a large skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium.
2. Add 1 tbsp of oil and allow it to become hot.
3. Add the mushrooms, then sauté for four minutes or until soft and dry.
4. Add the garlic and onions, then sauté for a few minutes until aromatic and translucent. Season with a bit of salt to taste.
5. Transfer the sauteed veggies onto a clean plate.
6. Add 2 tbsp of oil into the same skillet and allow it to become hot.
7. Add the peppers, then sauté for a few minutes until wilted completely. Transfer onto a clean plate.
8. Apply cooking spray to a 9×13-inch baking dish.
9. Scatter the shredded potatoes on the bottom of the prepared baking dish.
10. Add the sauteed veggies on top of the potatoes.
11. Put the rack in the middle of the oven.
12. Preheat the oven to 190 degrees C or 375 degrees F.
13. Add hot sauce, egg, salt, pepper, and half & half into a large mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
14. Add the egg mixture on top of the sauteed veggies and spread it evenly.
15. Sprinkle cheese on top of the egg mixture. Season with a bit of salt and pepper.
16. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake for about 45 to 50 minutes or until the cheese has melted completely and turns golden brown.
17. Remove from the oven and let it rest for at least 10 minutes at room temperature.
18. Serve and enjoy!
Place any leftovers in an airtight container, then place them inside the fridge.
Feel free to add meat to this casserole.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!