Introduction: The Whipping Cream Pound Cake is a true delight for anyone who cherishes the essence of a perfect dessert. It’s not just a cake; it’s an experience. Every bite is soft, sweet, and moist, making you crave more. What makes this cake stand out is its simplicity and the magic of sour cream. Even if you aren’t a baking expert, this recipe is easy to follow, ensuring you end up with a delectable treat. Before we dive into the recipe, remember that the key to a flawless pound cake is ensuring all ingredients are at room temperature. This prevents the batter from becoming lumpy or curdled.
- 3 cups (345 grams/12.17Oz) cake flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 sticks (220 grams/ 8Oz) salted butter (room temperature)
- 1/2 cup (120ml) vegetable oil
- 3 cups (600 grams/ 21.3Oz) sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 cup (230ml) whipping cream (room temperature)
- Begin by sifting together 3 cups of cake flour and 1 teaspoon of baking powder in a mixing bowl. Set this dry mixture aside.
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, beat two sticks of salted butter until smooth.
- Gradually add in half a cup of vegetable oil and three cups of sugar. Cream these ingredients together for about 5 to 7 minutes, or until the mixture appears light and fluffy.
- Reduce the mixer’s speed to low. Carefully add 6 eggs, one at a time, ensuring each egg is well incorporated before adding the next.
- Stir in two teaspoons of vanilla extract.
- Pour in one cup of whipping cream, mixing for about a minute until it blends seamlessly.
- Slowly introduce the dry ingredients you set aside earlier, blending on low speed until the batter is smooth.
- Prepare your baking pans by greasing them and lining them with parchment paper. Pour the batter evenly into the pans, ensuring no air bubbles remain.
- Tap the pans gently on the counter to release any trapped air bubbles.
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees Fahrenheit (163 degrees Celsius). Bake the cake for approximately 1 hour and 25 minutes.
- Once baked, allow the cake to rest in the pan on a wire rack for about 10 minutes. Afterward, flip the cake onto the wire rack and let it cool completely.
- For a touch of elegance, dust your cake with powdered sugar. Slice, serve, and relish every bite!
Notes/Conclusion: This Whipping Cream Pound Cake is versatile. Pair it with fresh fruits or a scoop of ice cream for an enhanced taste. Remember, baking is both an art and a science. Precision in measurements and patience during the process are key. We hope you enjoy this delightful treat. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family. Happy baking!