Prep Time: 10 mins | Cook Time: 40 mins | Total Time: 50 mins | Yield: 8 Servings
This will be the best cake you can give to someone you love on their birthday! This White Velvet Buttermilk Cake is simply the best.
This recipe will guide you step by step towards perfection! Try it now!
White Velvet Cake Ingredients
10 ounces (284 g) buttermilk at room temperature or slightly warm
6 ounces (170 g) butter, unsalted and softened
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
4 ounces (113 g) of vegetable oil
14 ounces (396 g) of cake flour
5 ounces (142 g) of Egg whites at room temperature
1 tablespoon baking powder
13 ounces (368 g) of granulated sugar
1 teaspoon salt
Ermine Frosting Ingredients
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
16 ounces (454 g) of unsalted butter at room temperature
16 ounces (454 g) of whole milk
14 ounces (396 g) of granulated sugar
3 ounces (85 g) flour
For the Cake:
1. Prepare the oven and preheat to 175 degrees C or 350 degrees F.
2. Apply cooking spray to two 8×2-inch cake pans.
3. Add the batter
4. In a mixing bowl, add salt, baking powder, flour, and baking soda into a mixing bowl. Whisk until well blended.
5. In another bowl, add oil and 1/2 cup of milk. Stir until well blended.
6. Add the vanilla, egg whites, and the rest of the milk. Stir until well combined.
7. Add the softened butter into the bowl with the dry ingredients, then stir until well combined.
8. Add the milk mixture, then stir until smooth.
9. Add the egg white mixture gradually, then beat every addition until well combined.
10. Transfer the batter to the prepared pans and spread it evenly.
11. Place them inside the preheated oven and bake for about 35 to 40 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean after inserting it in the middle.
12. Remove the cake from the oven and allow them to cool for a few minutes at room temperature.
For the Ermine Frosting:
1. Place a saucepan on the stove, then add sugar and flour. Whisk until well mixed. Turn the heat to medium, then cook the flour mixture for 2 minutes.
2. Pour in the milk gradually, then whisk every addition until well blended and thick.
3. Remove from the heat, then cover and allow it to cool.
4. Beat the butter over high speed, then add the cooled flour mixture and whip until smooth.
5. Add salt and vanilla, then stir until well mixed.
6. Spread the frosting over the cooled cake.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Serving: 1serving | Sodium: 111mg (5%) | Calcium: 31mg (3%) | Vitamin A: 335IU (7%) | Sugar: 15g (17%) | Potassium: 60mg (2%) | Cholesterol: 28mg (9%) | Calories: 208 kcal (10%) | Saturated Fat: 8g (40%) | Fat: 13g (20%) | Protein: 1g (2%) | Carbohydrates: 21g (7%) | Iron: 0.2mg (1%)
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!