Prep: 15 mins | Cook: 35mins | Total: 50 mins | Serving: 4 | Yield: 4 servings
I am a huge zucchini lover, and any zucchini recipes are a must-try to me. I was eager to make my version of the recipe when I saw this on the internet. There’s something that tells me if I don’t, I’ll regret it. It has been one of our favorite, easy-to-make dinners of the week. And every family member is satisfied at dinner time because the recipe is incredibly flexible. Try this recipe for Zucchini and Ground Beef Skillet, and enjoy it with your loved ones.
1 lb Beef, ground, lean, (approximately 21% fat), raw
(1) medium sweet onion
(1) (8 oz) package Mushrooms, raw
(1) (6.5 oz) can Tomato products, canned, sauce
(1) (6 oz) can Olives, ripe, canned (small-extra large)
(2) cloves Garlic, raw
(1) (14.5 oz) can Contadina Italian Style Stewed Tomatoes- Cnd
(1) pinch Salt, table
(4) medium Zucchini, raw
1 (8 oz) package Cheese, Cheddar, sharp
1. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ground beef and onion and stir until beef is browned and crumbly for 5 to 7 minutes in the hot skillet. Drain and discard grease.
2. Add and stir mushrooms, tomato sauce, olives, and garlic into the skillet. Crush stewed tomatoes into tiny bits and add to the mix. Add and season with salt and white pepper. Let it simmer, uncovered, until liquid reduces, 20 to 30 minutes.
3. Slice the zucchini lengthwise; cut into 1/2-inch slices and add to the skillet. Cover and cook until firm yet tender to the bite for 5 to 7 minutes. Add and stir in Cheddar cheese and cook, covered, until melted, 3 to 4 minutes. Serve.
1. You can add your favorite cheese in this dish.
2. It looks like quite a lot of onion. My brother hates onions, but this dish is quite amazing. The onion blends with other ingredients and the flavor are not dominant in the dish.
3. Often if we don’t have them on hand, we omit the olives or mushrooms but prefer it with them.
Per Serving: 588.5 calories; 133.1 mg cholesterol; 1308 mg sodium; 41.8 g protein; 24 g carbohydrates.
Don't forget to like & share this recipe with your friends, I appreciate your help & support, and if you would like to see more recipes check out the next page!